How to Reinstall IE 6
With an XP CD
- 1). Put your Windows XP CD in your computer drive.
- 2). Click the "Start" button in the lower-left corner of your desktop. Scroll up and choose "Run."
- 3). Type "rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 c:\windows\inf\ie.inf" in the box and hit the "Enter" key on your keyboard. The browser will be installed on your computer.
Download From the Web
- 1). Open a browser and go to Microsoft's Internet Explorer 6 download page (see Resources).
- 2). Click the "Download" button. Click the "Run" button in the dialog box that appears.
- 3). Double-click the .exe file. Click "Open" or "Run this program from its current location." Agree to the terms of the software license. Specify a location for the browser on your computer and click "Finish."