How to Blanch Sliced Almonds
- 1). Boil water on the stove. There should be enough water in the pan to cover the almonds when they go in.
- 2). Place the shelled, sliced almonds into the pan when the water is at a boil.
- 3). Boil the almonds for about 30 seconds.
- 4). Remove the pan from the heat and turn the stove off.
- 5). Pour the almonds into a colander, allowing the water to drain away.
- 6). Rinse the almonds with cold water until they are cool enough to handle.
- 7). Rub the almonds with your hands until the peels come off. This should take very little pressure.