How to Install a Curtain Tie Back
- 1). Measure the proper height on the wall for the tieback hooks, using a yardstick, and make small pencil marks at the points you will install them. If you have floor-length curtains, position fabric tiebacks 39 inches from the floor and rope tiebacks 45 inches from the floor. For short curtains, position tiebacks approximately 13 inches from the bottoms of the curtains. Position the hooks directly below the outermost ring or rail above the window.
- 2). Drill small pilot holes at the marks, using a small drill bit. The pilot hole is only necessary to help you start screwing the tieback hooks into the wall. Choose a bit that is approximately half the diameter of the screw portion of your tieback hook.
- 3). Screw the tieback hooks into the wall completely using your hand and then pliers to tighten.
- 4). Loop one end of each tiebacks over each hook. Pull the tieback around the draperies and then loop the other end of the tiebacks over the tieback hooks.
- 5). Adjust the draperies both above and below the tiebacks. You may desire the draperies to billow over the tiebacks attractively or hang straight down above the tiebacks. Experiment with different adjustments until you find a look you like.