How to Open Zip Files With Windows XP
Extracting Single Files From a Zipped Folder
- 1). Locate the compressed folder.
- 2). Double-click the folder to open it and view its contents.
- 3). Click on the file, folder or program that you want to extract from the compressed folder, and hold down the mouse button while you drag it to a different location. You can drag it to the Desktop or another, unzipped folder.
Extracting All of the Contents From a Zipped Folder
- 1). Locate the compressed folder, and double-click it to open it up.
- 2). Click on "Extract all files," and then select "Next." This prompts the Extraction Wizard to start the extraction process.
- 3). Select a location for the extracted files, and then click on "Next."
- 4). View the extracted files by clicking on "Finish."