How do I Donate Used Cell Phones in San Francisco?
- 1). Go through your cell phone and erase any saved contact information in your digital address book. Also remove any saved text messages or voicemails and delete your incoming and outgoing call records.
- 2). Choose a San Francisco non-profit organization that accepts used cell phones, like The 911 Cell Phone Bank or Recycling for Charities. Contact the charity and get their mailing address.
- 3). Place the cell phone in a padded envelope to protect it from damages, and seal the envelope.
- 4). Address the envelope appropriately and take it to your local post office to make sure it has the appropriate postage attached to it.
- 5). Call the organization after a few days to ensure that they received your package.