Packing List for a Vacation With Children
- Packing for a trip with kids can be simplified with a packing list.kids image by Marzanna Syncerz from Fotolia.com
Packing for a trip may seem like a mundane task. But sometimes, it can seem to take years to pack for a vacation when you are constantly trying to remember everything. Packing for a trip is even more difficult if you have children. There are many things that you simply can't forget, or your trip may turn out to be a nightmare.
- Children of any age typically get bored on a plane ride or car ride very quickly. Packing plenty of travel games and toys, such as coloring books, handheld electronic games, DVD player with children's movies or an iPod, can help combat boredom.
- Children get hungry often. Packing snacks, such as dry cereal, fruit snacks, gum, candy, chips, crackers and drinks, can help keep you from having to buy expensive snacks on an airplane or at a gas station. Snacking will also help keep the children occupied and quiet, and it might even make them ready for a nap.
- When traveling with children, you'll want to have quick access to medications for headaches, motion sickness and upset stomachs. You also need to pack any prescription medications that you might need on the trip. Bandages and ointments are also handy items to have along on a trip.
- Clothing may seem like an obvious item on your packing checklist, but out-of-season clothing is sometimes overlooked. It is always a good idea to pack some clothing for cold and warm weather, no matter the season, because weather can be unpredictable.