How to Use Preen Organic
Applying Preen Organic
- 1). Pull out any existing weeds by hand in the area you wish to apply the Preen Organic Weed Preventer. Preen Organic kills only weed seeds, and will not affect full grown weeds.
- 2). Sprinkle the Preen Organic Weed Preventer by hand over the soil. Cover the area in a ratio of 5 lbs. of Preen Organic per 250 square feet of soil.
- 3). Using a garden rake, rake over the soil lightly to help mix in the Preen Organic material. Water the area with a garden hose. Allow the water to saturate 1 to 2 inches into the soil before turning off the hose.
- 4). Allow the area to sit for two to three days. It may be necessary to repeat steps 1 through 3 if it rains heavily after application of the Preen Organic Weed Preventer.
- 5). Repeat steps 1 through 4 every 4 to 6 weeks to ensure weed growth is prevented during the growing season. Wait until any new vegetables sprout leaves and obtain a height of at least 2 inches before applying Preen Organic nearby.