10 Important Things to Remember When Buying Life Insurance
10 facts about life insurance are:
1) Research the market: It is nearly always preferable to investigate all the cover available and to be clear about the monthly fees before deciding. A great place to source this info is online.
2) The sooner the better: Do not procrastinate in buying a life insurance policy. The best time to purchase a policy is when you are young and in employment. This will give you a choice of great policies.
3) Do not get too much: Try to have just the correct amount of insurance that is within your budget. Getting too much cover will attract increased costs which is unnecessary.
4) Always tell the truth: Never try to misguide when completing the insurance application. If you are discovered hiding facts, such as smoking, the insurance provider may terminate your plan.
5) Stay healthy for lower costs: Health conscious individuals pay the least expensive fees. But, habits like cigarette smoking, too much alcohol, intake of drugs and obesity can make your premium sky high.
6) Never pay unnecessary fees: The fees of some insurance coverage are high due to the fact they also incorporate the commissions of the broker. To prevent this, go with an insurance company that offers policies sold direct.
7) Monthly fees can cost more: One way to keep costs down is to avoid monthly costs. You should therefore go for bi-annual or annual premiums, which are discounted.
8) Check your cover from time to time: You should check your cover when there is a major change in your circumstances, like the birth of a child or your children starting university. Occasional reviews help you to ensure that you are paying the right fees, and that you have the right level of cover.
9) Do not rely upon your employers insurance cover: Most employees are provided with company insurance by their employers. But this may be insufficient for your requirements. Additionally, the group insurance policies get cancelled when you depart the company and because of this can not be relied upon.
10) Higher cover could be cheaper: With life insurance, monthly fees get less expensive as you go for increased cover. As such there is nothing wrong in increasing the cover, if your budget will allow it.