How to Clean Install a Lexmark 2500
- 1). Disconnect the Lexmark 2500 printer from your computer. If you are using a Windows computer, select the "Start" or Microsoft button on your taskbar, then "Control Panel" and then "Add or Remove Programs." Select the Lexmark's printing software and follow the prompts to remove the drivers and additional software. Mac users should navigate to their "Library" folder and then to "Printers." They can then simply delete the folder for the Lexmark 2500.
- 2). Pull the printer's USB cable out of the USB port on your computer where it is inserted.
- 3). Insert the printer driver CD into your computer. Press the open/close button on the CD drive, place the label face up in the disc tray and press the open/close button again. The disc will then start automatically.
- 4). Install the drivers. Follow the prompts after the software automatically starts to complete the installation process.
- 5). Reconnect the printer to your computer. Insert the computer's USB cable into an open USB port on your computer. If your computer needs any additional drivers, it will install them automatically.