Safe Driving & Driving Test Techniques : Cars & Vehicles
According to the National Occupant Protection Use Survey (NOPUS) performed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's National Center for Statistics and Analysis, 83 percent of motor vehicle occupants in the United States during 2008 wore seat belts. The remaining 17 percent who do not
A Coachmen travel trailer is attached to a tow vehicle that is then hauled or towed to its destination. When the trailer is not being used during the winter months it needs to be stored. Instructions for your Coachmen travel trailer include connecting it to a tow vehicle. You also should now how to
Skid loaders are available in traditional wheel format as well as with tracks and all-wheel steering.loader image by Dmitry Nikolaev from Fotolia.comSkid loaders are the preferred equipment of choice on job sites to perform tasks that are too large for manual labor and too small for big...
Reckless driving is a misdemeanor in most states. If convicted of a misdemeanor crime, you could be subject to a fine of $250 or higher. Furthermore, you could face up to a year in jail. In some states, the term careless driving or dangerous driving defines reckless driving. There are various acts o
While most car electrical systems are 12 volt, many diesel engines, larger trucks and buses, and most military vehicles use 24 volts to deliver the extra power necessary for diesel glow plugs. Some 24-volt systems use 24-volt batteries, while others wire two 12-volt batteries in series. In either c
A truck without a working tailgate can cause accidents on the job site and should be repaired immediately. These gates seal off the end of the pickup bed, allowing materials to be carried securely. A cable attached to the side keeps the tailgate from swinging open too wide and possibly damaging the
The process of jump-starting a car in cold weather is the same as jump-starting it in any weather. In cold weather, however, the cold-cranking amps of the battery may be more compromised and, depending on how low or dead the battery is, will dictate how long the procedure will take.
The 2010 King Quad 450 is one of four models in Suzuki's line of All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs). Introduced in 2007, the ATV provides riders with an economical option devoid of "frills" such as a CD player, cup holder or keyless ignition. The vehicle instead provides riders with a...
Many people consider drink or alcohol to be their life, but what if that life turns out to devastate your life. Since alcohol is a drug, once people are trapped into it, it is very ...
If the temperature has dropped and you cannot start your car, there's a good chance that your gas line is frozen. This happens when there is condensation in your gas tank and it gets into the fuel line--usually during times when the days are warm and the night time temperature drops below freezing.
Drivers in the United States often dream of what it would be like to race around the German Autobahn at breakneck speeds. But actually there are a lot of safety restrictions to which German drivers must adhere in exchange for being able to coast as fast as they wish on certain stretches of the Autob
Since motorcycle engines tend to run considerably hotter than automobile engines, most manufacturers recommend that you use oils (petroleum-based, synthetic or synthetic-blend) designed specifically for motorcycles, rather than those created for cars. Some experts disagree, citing other factors (vis
Children too big for toddler car seats must use a booster seat in New York until they turn eight.sleeping in a car image by Renata Osinska from Fotolia.comCar seat and child restraint laws can be confusing because they vary depending on both the child's age and sometimes her weight or...
You should have your mechanic check your car regularly.Close-up of car tire to background image by Ragnarocks from Fotolia.comEven if you're the best driver in the world, you wouldn't be safe if you're driving a vehicle that isn't properly maintained. If a critical moment should arise...
Numerous dwarf-growing cultivars exist within multiple species of spruce trees (Picea spp.) While regular spruce trees are upright with spirelike silhouettes 30 feet or more tall, dwarf cultivars grow slowly and mature at 3 to 10 feet tall. Brown needle foliage on all spruce plants indicates tissues